Using LearnCard to supercharge your school, college, or university!
If you're a professor, teacher, or administrator, and are interested in understanding how LearnCard can be used to augment your school or university—you've come to the right place!
This guide will walk you through everything you need to get started. No prior experience required.
First things first: you need to identify your use case. Why are you interested in using LearnCard in the first place?
- 🦸♀️ Skill Assertion: you want to issue skills & competencies aligned with the rubric in your syllabus to a classroom. Start here.
- Guardianship: you want to issue credentials to learners with support from a guardian. (coming soon 🚧)👪
- Verification: you want to verify skills, learning certificates, achievements, or another credential that a learner presents to you, for validating an application or prerequisites. Start here.✅
We'd love to hear to hear from you! Share your story in our Github Discussions, or send us an email at [email protected]—we'd love to feature your work 🙌.
These are some of the most common and quickest ways to get started.
The easiest way to get started, is to use the LearnCard app to design and issue credentials directly to your learners! No coding required, and you can get started today. For free!
First, download LearnCard:
Second, watch this Loom to show you have to start issuing:
🚧 Coming soon
Example: Stefania has completed a graded course in "Electrical Systems 1" at her local community college.
Let's walk through the steps to issue Stefania a course completion with LearnCard.
Steps to issue a credential to a Learner:
- Stefania completes her course in Electrical Systems 1
- Stefania verifies her identity with your Institution by connecting her LearnCard wallet to the LearnCard Bridge
- Stefania requests a credential for completing "Electrical Systems 1" course.
- You cryptographically sign and send a credential to Stefania.
- Stefania accepts the credential into her LearnCard.
To accomplish this, you can either setup your own, interoperable Issuer by following these steps, or you can reach out to us for support and custom development to help connect your Institution.
🚧 Coming soon
Sometimes you need more than the basic, out-of-the-box flows because you have a complex institution or use case. That's great! All of our tooling is fully pluggable and open-source, so with a little elbow grease and developer time, you should be able to accomplish your goals.
Do you have a unique requirement, such as supporting a specific LMS, SIS, DID method, protocol, or system? You might need to build your own plugin:
These features aren't yet available, but they are coming soon on our roadmap—never to early too get excited!
- 💸 Microscholarships: you want to enable learners in your school to claim micro-scholarships to solve last-mile equity gaps.
- 🥾 Pathways: offer ways for your learners to visualize and navigate learning, skills, and jobs progressions based on their holistic goals.
- Publish Skills Frameworks: publish your skills frameworks to increase the value of your credentials for your learners.📢
- Learning Dashboards: visualize skills, achievements, and opportunities data to enhance learning outcomes for your learners in a safe, trusted, and private environment.📊